CRM 2013 splash screen crash on Setup DVD / ISO
After so many years, with the Splash screen crash of CRM 2011, the boys at Microsoft have not bothered to fix that problem. You start the screen
Then before long you see this.
Search around the net, and you find a bunch of old data relating to CRM 2011 and the same problem. Some suggestions are to uninstall various version of IE (The worlds Words Browser) or other similar crap. Not really much help when you are on a Windows 2012 R2 server with the newest release of CRM install ISO. Note: This is the sort of stuff I hope the new CEO will fix one day!
Other Solutions incorrectly reference the files to install from.
These are the correct locations for CRM 2013:
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server[Drive]:\Server\amd64\SetupServer.exe
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Report Authoring Extension[Drive]:\BIDSExtensions\i386\SetupBIGSExtensions.exe
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions[Drive]:\Server\amd64\SrsDataConnector\SetupSrsDataConnector.exe
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlookx86: [Drive]:\Client\i386\SetupClient.exex64: [Drive]:\Client\amd64\SetupClient.exe
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Routerx86: [Drive]:\EmailRouter\i386\SetupEmailRouter.exex64: [Drive]:\EmailRouter\amd64\SetupEmailRouter.exe