Today we have released a new version of our Users Online gadget is getting ready for our iPhone app release that will support this module.
Today we have released a new version of the DotNetNuke Users Online Gadget module that allows you to monitor your website from:
- Windows Gadget
- Mac Widget
- Google Gadget
Todays update can be seen here: http://www.interactivewebs.com/usersonline/Support/VersionHistory.aspx
and is getting the module ready for the pending release of our iPhone app that will allow you to connect and monitor your site directly on your iPhone.
Monitoring your DotNetNuke users is easy with the DotNetNuke Users Online Gadget Widget App.
After Installing the DNN Module, you add it to a page on your DotNetNuke website as you would any other module.
The page can be visible to the public or visible to only administrators. Either way the module will function fine.
Once on the site the module will display something like this.
Steps to Using the Gadget Widget App on your site
1. Download the appropriate Gadget, Widget or App by selecting the “Click do Download” link at the top of the module.
2. Install the Gadget to your local website.
3. Enter the configuration of the Gadget / Widget as you would any others on your local computer.
4. In the Settings for the Gadget / Widget enter a Title to use to identify the site you are connecting to. The title will display in the top of the gadget.
5. Then enter the URL for your site, remembering to use the child portal name if you are on a child portal. For Example:
Parent Portal: http://www.interactivewebs.com
Child Portal: http://www.interactivewebs.com/usersonline
(Where UsersOnline is the Child Portal name)
6. Enter a refresh cycle for the gadget / widget to run off to your site and retrieve new data. (Recommended 300 seconds).
OK and you are done!
Clicking on the Users name in the Gadget will deliver you to the sites user profile page.