A possible error was introduced with DotNetNuke 05.06.03 that caused certain types of post backs to generate an error:
Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableeventvalidation="true" /> in configuration or <%@ page enableeventvalidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.
This error was introduced into the Advanced Login module, when the registration form was set to use the auto filling Country / Region Selector.
We have produced a fix for this in release version: 45.03.22 of our module. Update to this or a later version if you are receiving the above error.
If you are not using our modules and you receive this, you can resolve it by setting EnableEventValidation to false in the web.config.
Note: The above website mentions that this is “not ideal”. That is not really accurate. The change to the web.config for this has little to no effect on anything else at all.
If you see this error
Could Not Load file or assembly NVelocity, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture-nutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Exception from HRESULT: 0×80131040)
While using one of our DotNetNuke Modules. The solution is a simple one.
Update all of the InteractiveWebs DotNetNuke Modules to the latest builds by downloading the latest release from here: http://www.interactivewebs.com/DotNetNukeModules/ModuleDownloads.aspx
The problem stems from a change to some of the code library of some modules that share code with other modules. Updating all modules to the latest build will resolve this issue in all our modules.
While accessing a DotNetNuke website today, I was getting this error all the time.
Error The transaction log for database “domain.com” is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases
Event ID 3001
- Event code: 3001
Event message: The request has been aborted.
Event time: 2/11/2010 12:28:32 PM
Event time (UTC): 2/11/2010 1:28:32 AM
Event ID: cc9168019d0b42cabde5ab8fa741927d
Event sequence: 13
Event occurrence: 12
Event detail code: 0
I found this one a little perplexing. On further investigation I found that the transaction logging for the SQL server supporting this was massive. Around 980 meg when I would expect it to run around 15 meg.
Initially I tried killing all processes with active connections to the database, but that did not have the desired result. (We all know what a pain that can be in SQL). So I set the database to “Simple”, and tried to Detach the re-attach.
Still no joy!
All of this round and round ended up with an IIS server and SQL server reboot. All came good and the net result is that I cannot explain the fail or fix it.
Hope this helps someone make the reboot decision faster than I did. That’s another 2 hours of my like I will never get back!