With CRM 4.0 and Microsoft CRM 2011 there is a default limit for the number items that can be retrieved when making various types of web service calls into the CRM.
Typically this limit is set to 5000 but with some types of calls it will return 7000. In any case, the process to remove the limit and set it to 20,000 is very easy.
On the server running CRM
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type TurnOffFetchThrottling, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click TurnOffFetchThrottling, and then click Modify.
- Type a number other than 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.