DotNetNuke 5 refers to modules as extensions. There are two types of module extensions:
- Pre-installed Modules – modules included in DNN that have not been included in the build.
- Third Party Modules – modules built or bought and added to DNN to extend DNN’s core functionality.
We will look at third party installs only here.
Adding third Party Modules
- Log into your DNN instances using a Host account.
- From the HOST drop down menu select Module Definitions.
- On the Module Definitions page, select Install Module from the Module Definitions’ module options drop down.
- You will be taken to the Install Package wizard. Browse to the module package you would like to install. Of course, in this example I am installing Open Web Studio. After you have browsed, select Next.
- Information about the select module will display. Select Next.
- If available, release note information will display. Select Next.
- If License information exists for this module you will need to accept the terms of the license.
- When the install process is finished you will see a list of actions taken. ‘EndJob Installation successful .’ will display at the bottom when complete.
There is a great video here that explains it: